Wednesday, February 6, 2013
6 tablespoons of butter
7 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 granny smith apples (about 1 pound)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
THE HOW-TO PART
(1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
(2) Butter muffin cups of tin and sprinkle with
about 2 table spoons of granulated sugar.
(3) Peel, core, and slice apples into 1/2 inch pieces
and in a medium bowl, toss apples with brown sugar,
lemon juice and cinnamon.
(4) Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add apple mixture and saute, turning occasionally until caramelized,
10 to 12 minutes. Remove pan from stove and let cool 5 minutes.
Divide caramelized apples among prepared muffin cups and set aside.
(5) In the bowl combine flour, salt, 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
and mix well. Then add 2 tablespoons melted and slightly cooled butter,
eggs and milk. Mix well until it's all blended and not too lumpy.
(6) Pour batter over apples. Transfer tin to oven and reduce heat
to 400 degrees. Bake until pancakes puff up, about 15 minutes.
(7) Remove tin from oven and pop out of molds by inverting the
tin onto a flat work surface. Dust with confectioners' sugar,
serve immediately and enjoy! ♥
Recipe borrowed from Martha... *HERE*
♥♥ Hope you're having a decent week mis amores! ♥♥