Thursday, October 1, 2009
So thrilled that October is finally here, there seems to be a lot in the crispy air. And to help commemorate one of my best loved months I’m pleased to present to you, just in case you’re not already acquainted, the gorgeous creations of Bittersweets NY…
About Bittersweets NY and the genius designer and creator Robin Adams:
Created in 2002 by a girl who used to work at a foundry, welding and finishing art for famous people and housewives. In order to pay expensive NY rents she found a warehouse in Long Island City where she could live cheaply and still bike to work. The ground floor was home to several night clubs that switched from topless, to full nudity, to salsa, on a rotating basis. After 2 1/5 years living there-to avoid comparisons to Flashdance and a coked up neighbor, she moved from her spacious 1200 square foot studio, gave up sculpting and her foundry job, and started making jewelry in her new tiny apartment. The idea behind Bittersweets NY is making something exquisite out of the everyday objects and designs that are taken for granted. Why reinvent the wheel? The first project, Bloodlust Princess, was a matching necklace, belt buckle, tiara and mini ashtray set based on the design of the dollar store Vampire Teeth available once a year for Halloween. Of the four items from the original set, the Classic Vamp Necklace, now cast in solid sterling silver, is still in production. The sterling silver Heart n Dagger was inspired by true love, of course. And the Maggot and Earthworm series stay within the ideology of borrowing a design from another tried and true source...nature.
Are you as enamored with Bittersweets NY as I am? Do you have your eye on a Baby Vamp Ring or a Big Boy Vamp Ring now? Well, do I have amazing news for you… Robin, the aforementioned genius behind Bittersweets NY has very generously agreed to sponsor a giveaway of one of her Vamp rings in silver (either a Baby or a Big Boy, winners choice!)… and the contest is open to everyone!!
• To enter, you simply have to visit Bittersweets NY and tell us what else you love from the shop in the comments section of this post.
• This is open to all worldwide readers. A blog is not required, just be sure to leave a comment and an email address where you can be reached in the comments area.
• The giveaway ends Thursday October 29th at 11am, the winner will be choosen via Random.org.
FOR ADDITIONAL ENTRIES
• Visit Robin’s blog *HERE* and become a follower of her blog!
• Or you can also blog, or Twitter this, leave me a comment with the link of what you posted…♥
Sources: Please note that all the Illustrations are by artist Hope Gangloff.